About BWISH Studios
Originally a producer of films, BWISH has since gone almost exclusively intro comics. Our goal is simply to share the stories we create and hopefully entertain others.
FAQs and History of BWISH Studios
What is a "BWISH" exactly...?
The word BWISH originates from a conversation involving a doodle from the late 20th century artist Justin B. Evans. When asked what he was drawing, Justin replied "a bitch with short hair." The incident quickly spawned the corresponding acronym: BWSH, which was used to describe everything from Pokemon (PokeBWSH) to James Bond (BWISH. James BWSH.).
The doodle was allegedly of Android #18 from Dragonball Z, though the current location of the original drawing is deep in BWISH Studio vaults in Maryland. Or maybe Poland...? It's hard to remember these days.
How is BWISH pronounced?
The original pronunciation of BWSH was so arcane that it required cutting out the tongue, gouging out the eyes, and breathing in liquid nitrogen. The "i" was added to aid human pronunciation without bodily mutilation.
BWISH is pronounced "bwish", one syllable, rhyming with "swish." Not "bee-wish". Any infractions will be dealth with by tongue lashings.
When did BWISH Studios Start?
BWISH was founded in 1999 by Justin, Michael, and two other artists: Melisa Maduro and Aaron Laroux. Other people have come and gone, providing writings, art, and other general assistance over the years.
In the past BWISH has hosted everything from real-life anime actor pages (Orlando Bloom as Link! So original!) to comics about mayonnaise to a... Mr. T memorabilia museum (I know, seriously, wtf?). There may be a couple of our oldest and oddest things in the archives but for the most part everything of this sort is now hidden away in our secret vault that will never be reopened. BWISH is now focused solely on original content to avoid lawsuits and things like that. Don't sue us. We know people. Strange people.
In BWISH Studios' early history, it was partnered with another now-defunct collaborative called Poobtronics, which resulted in love-hate-love-restrainingorder-hate-love relationship. This eventually yielded the short films "Indiana Andy" and "Peeping Tom: Curse of the Peeper." More famously, Andy Fuller of Poobtronics is best known for slaying n00bs as Technor on "Caution Man."
What Happened to previous BWISH related people?
- Aaron Laroux: Went for a 1/4 mile walk 6 years ago and was never seen again. Rumor has it he reached the 1/8 mile mark sometime last month.
- Melisa Maduro: Managed to escape.
- Steve Shattuck: Still playing Subspace all by himself.
- Kyle Castelino: Murdered by a Velopidon.
- Eric Browning: ...Who? Seriously, we have no idea who this guy was.
- Ben Shepard: Beaten to death for one of the lost BWISH movies. His corpse remains in a bathroom stall in Silver Spring, MD.
- Kelsi Loos: Currently peddling CDs in your driveway.
- Charlie Ebbecke: Was not involved any science experiments whatsoever. He is perfectly healthy and in once piece.
- Jim Curry: BWANGed himself in the ear. You... You don't come back from that.
- Amiri Alexander: Succumbed to a siren's song and crashed into the dark planet.
- Martin Skarzynski: Exploring Poland for God knows what reason. ... Please come back! Finish Caution Man!